In 2015, a new program brought together three acclaimed contemporary music organizations to form The Monadnock Institute at The Walden School. This first-of-its-kind program is a three-way collaboration between Face the Music, International Contemporary Ensemble (ICE), and The Walden School.
WHEN: Saturday, June 27 – Monday, July 13, 2015
WHO: Only Face the Music students eligible to apply
WHERE: On the campus of Dublin School, Walden’s summer home since 1983, in Dublin, New Hampshire
- 90 minutes of coachings and rehearsals each morning, led by Jenny Undercofler, Director of Face the Music
- 120 minutes of afternoon practice/rehearsals, coached by members of the International Contemporary Ensemble (ICE)
- perform on a joint ICE/Face the Music concert (July 12, 2015)
- attend coachings and open rehearsals by ICE
- perform on a Composers Forum, featuring music by Walden students (July 7, 2015)
- afternoon recreation: swimming, soccer, frisbee, and more!
- daily musicianship class with Walden faculty and Walden Young Musicians Program students
- daily chorus with full Walden community: students, staff, faculty, adminsitration
- attend concerts by Blair McMillen, ICE, and Aurora Nealand and the Royal Roses
- Fourth of July fireworks and games
- hiking and dances
- student life in dormitories