Saturday, June 16 – Sunday, June 24
- 8 days
- For adult musicians (18+)
- Enrollment limited to 40 participants from around the world
- Need-based financial aid is available
- Curriculum focused on musicianship, improvisation, composition, choral singing, electronic music, and contemporary topics
- Lessons, coachings, master classes, seminars
- Concerts, composers forums, artist residencies
- On a beautiful campus near Mt. Monadnock in New Hampshire
A week-long festival in New England, the Creative Musicians Retreat (CMR) is offered for composers, improvisers, performers, electronic musicians, choral musicians, and music teachers who want to spend a week immersed in music.
The 2018 Creative Musicians Retreat will be held June 16-24 on the beautiful campus of the Dublin School, in Dublin, New Hampshire. Click the link below to request your application and contact us with any questions you have.
All participants at the Creative Musicians Retreat take classes (The Walden School Musicianship Course, seminars on Contemporary Topics, courses in electronic music), sing in chorus, attend workshops in improvisation, hear concerts, and participate in Composers Forums. Private lessons, coachings and master classes are also offered. Our Composer-In-Residence is on campus all week, moderating three Composers Forums, conducting master classes, and giving private composition lessons. In 2018, the Mivos Quartet returns as our Ensemble-in-Residence.
The faculty for the Creative Musicians Retreat is drawn from veteran faculty of Walden’s renowned Young Musicians Program. They are a diverse mix of improvisers, composers, performers, and music scholars.
Visiting Artists reside at Walden for the duration of the Creative Musicians Retreat. They kick off the week with a concert of new music and then work with participants in a stimulating workshop environment.
Participants can choose one or more focus areas: composer, choral, performance, or pedagogy. See the curriculum page for more information.